Ground Science South West are proud to announce they have been awarded the Construction Materials Testing (CMT) works for the Drysdale Bypass project commencing December 2018.
Decmil, the project contractors, will be building the 6km Drysdale Bypass between Jetty Road and Whitcombes Road to improve safety and ease congestion on the Bellarine Peninsula.
The upgrade will provide many benefits to locals and visitors including:
- less trucks on High Street, making the centre of Drysdale safer
- less congestion at peak times at the intersection of Portarlington, Grubb and Jetty Roads
- building a shared walking and cycling path along the bypass, plus additional paths to connect to existing ones
- creating safer access to schools, including building an underpass for pedestrians
- smoother and more efficient travel along the Bellarine Peninsula, especially during holiday season.