General Manager Appointed
Ground Science Pty Ltd is pleased to announce the appointment of Ange Gentile to the General Managers Position. Ange has been with the company from its early years and brings a wealth of knowledge to the leadership team. She has a thorough understanding of the companies operations, which allows Ernie Gmehling to focus on the technical aspects of his role.
10 Year Anniversary
Ground Science's Managing Director Ernie Gmehling congratulates Gee Singh on his 10 year anniverary with the company. Sadly we were not able to celebrate in the normal way (COVID 19) with a big luncheon at a five start resturant with the other >10 year club members. Ground Science now has six staff members with 10 or more years of service. Im sure we will all be happy when we can enjoy some of Melbournes wonderful resturants in the near future.
Ground Science South West are proud to announce they have been awarded the Construction Materials Testing (CMT) works for the Drysdale Bypass project commencing December 2018.
Decmil, the project contractors, will be building the 6km Drysdale Bypass between Jetty Road and Whitcombes Road to improve safety and ease congestion on the Bellarine Peninsula.
The upgrade will provide many benefits to locals and visitors including:
- less trucks on High Street, making the centre of Drysdale safer
- less congestion at peak times at the intersection of Portarlington, Grubb and Jetty Roads
- building a shared walking and cycling path along the bypass, plus additional paths to connect to existing ones
- creating safer access to schools, including building an underpass for pedestrians
- smoother and more efficient travel along the Bellarine Peninsula, especially during holiday season.
Celebrating 15 years in business
2018 is a special year for the two directors of Ground Science, with a celebration of 15 years in business. Ernie and Chris started the company in the second half of 2003 with a dream to one day be a well respected business. The two have gone from strength to strength with tremendous support from a great team to have achieved this accomplishment. We owe some of this, to four of our key staff, that have been with the company for over 10 years.